[Savannah-hackers] submission of MASToK - savannah.nongnu.org

From: David . Baelde
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of MASToK - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 05:31:15 -0500

David Baelde <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: MASToK
System name: mastok
Type: non-GNU

MASToK means Multi Agent Simulation ToolKit.

We want to develop a toolkit which may be used in economy, ecology, biology,
physics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc.,  with fewer as possible
knowledge about programming. In all of these sciences, researchers are often
helped by simulation.

The toolkit will be developped in C++ (using the GNU standard lib),
and provide support for generic simulation, distributed over network. User
defined agents will be loaded by the toolkit as plugins. We could provide users
with easy ways to program their agents, in other languages than C++.

Furthermore, we\'ll provide users with graphical interfaces, to monitor
simulations. These tools will be a little bit less generic : for example, a
graphical tool will be developped in GTK to monitor simulations where agents
evolve in a two dimensional world.

Examples will be ditributed, in some of the sciences quoted at the beginning,
and we\'ve also some more funny projects, in the domain of artificial life and
gaming.

This project is at its very beginning for now, and we\'ve got no code. But
I\'ve already worked a bit on the subject. At
http://brainjuice.free.fr/mrpingouin/choz-0.1b.tar.bz2, you may find a small
project on which I worked alone.

This time it will be greater and a hard work will be done on the architecture
of the project, the portability, and the programming style. Indeed, MASToK is a
school project around object oriented development, and we\'ll be four computer
science students of the ENS Lyon to work at it.

Other Software Required:
 * standard C++, but may be dependent on GNU\'s standard.
 * GTK+, maybe gtkmm
 * probably gdkpixbuf for a good looking monitoring ...
 * ... or SDL if advanced gaming application ?
 * linux-like networking API (I don\'t know the other APIs, I bet it is POSIX
compliant, but not Windows compatible ...)
 * pthreads and dl_* functions may be used.

Other Comments: