[Savannah-hackers] submission of Jacksum - savannah.nongnu.org

From: jonelo
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Jacksum - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:07:11 -0500

Johann Nepomuk Loefflmann <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Jacksum
System name: jacksum
Type: non-GNU

Jacksum is a free checksum utility entirely written in Java. It supports most
common checksum algorithms (Adler32, BSD sum, POSIX cksum, CRC-16, CRC-32, MD2,
MD4, MD5, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, SHA-1, Unix System V sum and Whirlpool).

\"Jacksum\" is a synthetic word made of JAva and ChecKSUM, the program
is released under the terms of the GNU GPL.

Download the latest version (source code is included):
http://www.jonelo.de/java/jacksum/index.html#Download

Other Software Required:
Jacksum is 100% Java and it has only a command line interface, therefore
you will be able to compile Jacksum with gcj and you will be able
to run Jacksum with the free Kaffe Java VM without any problems. Jacksum uses
classes from the free GNU crypto project.

Other Comments:
See also http://www.gnu.org/directory/jacksum.html

Just a question for the future:
You said, that Swing could be a problem, because currently
there is no free implementations of it.
Well, I\'m planning to implement a Swing GUI for Jacksum. The GUI will be
complete independent of Jacksum, Jacksum will be complete independent of the
GUI, but my question is: it is possible to host also the Swing-GUI for Jacksum
at savannah?