[Savannah-hackers] [ 101861 ] Unable access CVS using uploaded keys

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101861 ] Unable access CVS using uploaded keys
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:58:32 -0500

Support Request #101861, was updated on 2003-Feb-20 13:58
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101861&group_id=11

Category: SSH Connection

By: roncordell
Date: 2003-Feb-20 13:58
Logged In: YES
user_id=14804
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; H010818; .NET CLR
1.1.4322)

Hi again,

This is occurring on my local instance of Savannah,
where I am trying to get the SSH access working to the
CVS repository.

When I create an RSA1 key and upload it via Savannah,
then run the sv_cvs script (as root, of course, and in
the appropriate directory), I can see the user's
~/.ssh/authorized_keys file get updated correctly with
the key. However, as that user, I can't access CVS, or
even try to access the machine that hosts Savannah. To
be sure, I am forcing rsa1 on the SSH connection.

Now, as a user with a valid shell account on the
machine, I can manually upload my keys and access
everything via SSH -1 just fine.

So, my question is - what step am I missing to get
this to work for users with their shells set
to /usr/local/bin/cvssh? One thing to note is that
cvssh does not exist in /usr/local/bin; could that be
an issue? I can't find such a beast anywhere within
Savannah. I am thinking that I am just missing a setup
step somewhere to get this to work.

Thanks for any assistance!