[Savannah-hackers] submission of Daemon and client to talk to Dynalite

From: Sam
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Daemon and client to talk to Dynalite lighing control equipment from unix - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 06:49:52 -0500

Sam O'Connor <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: mbsd
Other License:
Package: Daemon and client to talk to Dynalite lighing control equipment from
unix
System name: dynetd
Type: non-GNU

DYNET is a RS485 based network protocol used by the Dynalite range of building
automation and lighting control equipment.
Dynalite sells software that only works on Microsoft Windows.
My software allows Linux computers on a LAN to send dynet packets to an RS485
network and perform aribtrary actions in response to recieved dynet messages.
I didn\'t have to reverse engineer anything, Dynalite has a list of opcodes on
their website.
See http://dynalite-online.com/html/opcodes.htm
 I have a simple daemon for that forwards dynet packets to and fro between the
RS485 network and a LAN (UDP).
(The daemon is ~ 1000 lines of C and should work on anything POSIXish.)
The daemon can also execute shell scripts in response to any message that
passes through.
I have written a matching command line client that sends dynet messages as UDP
packets.
I aim to build on this infrastructure to provide a map based building control
GUI.
I have mailed the source (dynetd.c) to Rudy Gevaert

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
I have no relationship with the Dynalite company other than as a customerwho
bought some of thier gear.
I have no interest in promoting this codeother than the hope that it may be of
some use to other Dynalite users who don\'t have windows.