[Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] vpe want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] vpe want to be a GNU package
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:41:19 -0500

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  Virtual Private Ethernet
Project System Name:  vpe
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=4041
the top of the source files, which I did. This is teh re-registration
of my project.

vpe stands for virtual private ethernet, and is &quot;yet another tunnel
solution &quot;featuring encapsulation, compression and encryption
of ethernet packets.

The differences between vpe and most other &quot;vpn&quot;'s is that this
implements a real network, that is, multiple hosts connected
with a virtual ethernet.

The goals of this project are to provide a very basic, featureless
but robust, small (in memory) and fast solution that is relatively easy to
setup (only one shared config file + autogenerated rsa keys)
and uses a single UDP port only.

The reason I wrote (or started to write) it is that I didn't find another
solution that runs stable and conencts multiple hosts.

I used tincd (GPL) as a base, threw away all the tincd code exceot the
configure, Makefiles, m4 macros and rpelacement functions that were
mostly taken from other free projects.

A preliminary (it's work in progress and not yet finished) version can be found
at

http://data.plan9.de/vpe-0.1.tar.gz

 -- the Savannah admin