[Savannah-hackers] submission of Web Watch - savannah.nongnu.org

From: phecken123
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Web Watch - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:31:22 -0500

Patrick Heckenlively <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Web Watch
System name: watch-web
Type: non-GNU

My application is intended a GPL implementation of Surf Watch or Net Nanny.  It
parses the output from tcpdump looking for adult material.  It if finds
suspicious activity, it adjusts the firewall rules to automatically block the
traffic.  The applications consists of 4 Perl scripts that communicate with
each other through named pipes and a spool directory.

The basic application functionality is in place.  However, the code still could
use some cleaning and generalization.  I had hoped to accomplish this cleanup
before releasing it to the community, but an issue has arisen at work where I
may need to borrow some ideas from this project.  I want to make sure that the
code gets GPL\'ed before I have to use it at work.

I would like to email the source code to one of the administrators, because I
do not have a public server on which to place it.

Other Software Required:
My project just requires Perl and tcpdump.

Other Comments: