[Savannah-hackers] cpload

From: mathieu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] cpload
Date: 14 Mar 2003 18:12:59 +0100

Jlb, you typed

*       - trying to find why subversions has 180 load Avg .. didn't find a real
*         reason :-( i have made some little find : kill of some zombies, add a
*         .htaccess in /home/www/cgi-bin/ to disallow googlebot to crawl cvs
*         reposetory. at this time the load is about 60, and savannah is very
*         slow. i think subversions has a hardware problem (hard disk or network
*         card). i will continue to investigate if i have time tonite .

Now, type
cat /var/log/apache-ssl/access.log | grep mldonkey/network | nl

You'll get the problem, which is not an hardward problem.

But I think it's really possible that we will some broke hardware, not
designed to run with an overload several days long.

--
mathieu

  [ http://humeur.coleumes.org    : Neurasthénie ]
  [ http://stock.coleumes.org/gpg : clef GnuPG ]