Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of German GNUCash WEB Pages - savannah

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of German GNUCash WEB Pages - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:42:41 +0000

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 06:54:46PM +0100, Thomas Templin wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2003 13:15, Jaime E . Villate wrote:

> > This pages should go somewhere inside
> > www.gnu.org/software/gnucash but you should first talk to the
> > maintainer of gnucash (Linas Vepstas <address@hidden>) and with
> > the gnu.org webmasters, to make sure nobody else is working on
> > it and where the pages should go. Once you talk to them, please
> > let me know.
> [...]
> Ive got a Tarball from Linas six weeks ago.
> Christian Stimmig one of the GNUCash HBCI programmer asked me if I
> may translate the pages.
>
> My Ide is to put them to Savannah and find some other people who
> will assist me. For this I'm in contact with a local school of
> economic which is interested to do some translation during their
> buisines english lessons :)

Linas has decided not to use Savannah for the GNUCash project, and he has his
own server at www.gnucash.org
I also see that the GNUCash web pages have already been translated into
German by Herbert Thoma and he seems to be active
(last modification on March 13).

You should first talk to Linas and ask him what you should do with the
translations you are going to make and whether he thinks it is a good idea
that you start a new project in Savannah for the German translation of
the web pages.

Regards,
Jaime