Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Bug?

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Bug?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:30:45 +0000

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 03:09:17PM +0100, Magnus Stålnacke wrote:
> Hi.
> I am the homepage developer for the project gcmd.
> Everytime i commit something i get the error:
>
> Checking in index.html;
> /webcvs/non-gnu/gcmd/index.html,v  <--  index.html
> new revision: 1.37; previous revision: 1.36
> done
> sh: /tmp/cvswebcommitlog: Permission denied   <===This line.
> bash-2.05b$
>
> But everything commits and works just fine,
> so the problem is not that big, just a little
> irritating.

That's not really a CVS problem, but a problem with a script that the gnu.org
webmasters have set up. Normally there should be no error, but in the last few
days there were some problems that prevented the /tmp directory from being
cleaned and it looks like the script was trying to add to a file in /tmp that
belonged to somebody else and you are not allowed to change.
The problem should have dissapeared by now; if it appears again, please let us
know. In any case I will try to figure out what they use /tmp/cvswebcommitlog
and how to prevent error messages when it is no erased before another commit.

Regards,
Jaime