Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of First things first - savannah.gnu.o

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of First things first - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:48:21 -0400

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:22:45AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Matt Welland <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: First things first
> System name: ftf
> Type: GNU

> So far none of the free project planners do time accounting very well. Well,
> neither does ftf but it DOES let you do clumsy but functional time
> accounting. What do I mean by time accounting? You can tell ftf how many
> hours a week you have for a class of projects (example: work and home) and
> then when you input a time required for a project and what bucket to take
> that time from then ftf will estimate when you will be done with the project.
> If you will be late then ftf blocks that out in red.
>
> http://mainland.essentialgoods.com/matt/ftf/doc/ftf.html
>
> Note: I have done substantial work since the release on this page but it is
> rather a mess and will not be ready for even an alpha release for a week or
> two.

To release your project under the GPL, you should put
copyright notices and copying permission statements
at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt).
Put it in a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explain the reason behind these recommendations.  For
example, there is an entry explaining why the GPL requires including a
copy of the GPL with every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please remove GIF images files from your project and replaced them
by other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW
compression algorithm which is used in making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper
GIFs.  They also apply to the compress program.

For more information read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

> Other Software Required:
> stk is required, I plan to move to gtklos unless guile + gtk stablilizes.

Is this STK free software?

> Other Comments:
> Please don\'t judge the code too harshly! I\'m not a full time programmer.

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org