[Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS issue.

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS issue.
Date: 06 May 2003 17:50:12 +0200

Aymeric Moizard <address@hidden> said:

> Hi,
>
> Moving from version 1 to version 2 of my project, I
> have modified the directory structure of my
> project.
>
> Actually, people do:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/osip co osip
>
> I want them to get the new version with the same command above and get
> the old version with this new one:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/osip co osip1
>
> This way, people downloading the new release won't get empty directory
> while using the basic and recommended CVS command seen on savannah.
>
> Is it possible to rename an old module in the CVS(osip to osip1)? What's
> the process.
> Is there any other recommended way of doing this.

Usually, this can of task are done using cvs tag.

Sometimes it's usefull to create a new directory, especially if the
next version is completely different from the previous.

But create a new directory for each important version would be a pain
to manage.

Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org