[Savannah-hackers] submission of E-News - savannah.nongnu.org

From: smendonca
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of E-News - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 06:58:30 -0400

S d m <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: E-News
System name: enews
Type: non-GNU

E-News is a news engine based on PHP for the webmail SquirrelMail. It\'s small
project because it is only a plugin. Users can use it as a news engine, or as
forum. In fact \"news engine\" it\'s like a \"forum\" but with only a forum
(without a welcome page). It\'s a functionality that many administrator had
asked me! You can use more moderator for each forum, who can be moderator of
several or of only one forum. To function E-News uses a MySQL or a PostgreSQL
database. Of course it uses the Gettext to translate it more easily.
http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=116

Other Software Required:
Webmail SquirrelMail
http://www.squirrelmail.org

Other Comments:
If i ask this project opening, it\'s first to permit other developers to help
me to develop E-News. Many people are enjoy to use E-News! So i want to
increase this project for example i want to translate it in more languages. My
second reason, it\'s so, squirrelmail is hosted by sourceforge which has got
many problem, regularly my plugin and others are available to download, and i
don\'t know what so i would like to propose a an other web site that
sourceforge where people can dowload my plugin. I precise that i don\'t want to
host my project in sourceforge because i work only for free software and not
for a company.