Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of E-News - savannah.gnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of E-News - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 18:36:17 -0400

I approved your project.  But before you upload.

Please remove GIF images files from your project and replaced them
by other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW
compression algorithm which is used in making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper
GIFs.  They also apply to the compress program.

For more information read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

Happy hacking,

Rudy

Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org