[Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] postphpix want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] postphpix want to be a GNU package
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 02:57:03 -0400

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  postphpix - manage postfix+LDAP via web
Project System Name:  postphpix
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=4526
on postfix, ldap and courier servers.
I started this project needing a mail subsyst em that should be:
-secure   [no system users]
-scalable [daemons intercommunicates via socket so can be
           splitted on many phisical servers for high traffic systems
           using eventually SSL encription]
-reliable [after splitting the daemons, you can get syst ems reduntant
           using for example heartbeat clustering software, and the        ldap
database allow you to manage and backup user information quickly
           o r realize a mail folder backup server easily]
-packageable [for many years I used Qmail, n ow I need more license flexibilty,
so I decided to study and use Postfix, this architecture i s the mail subsystem
of the Argo GNU/Linux distribution that soon will be available as free sof
tware too]

A bigpicture explaining how the subsystem works is available here:
[the png is also included in the tarball]

http://www.bee-side.org/free_software/argo/postPHPix/postPHPix_bigpicture-0.1.png

Futher info available at:
http://www.bee-side.org/free_software/argo/postPHPix/0.2/

 -- the Savannah admin