[Savannah-hackers] submission of Mystica - savannah.gnu.org

From: dan_d4n
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Mystica - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 21:02:21 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Dan Beauchesne <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Mystica
System name: mystica
Type: GNU

Mystica is a console RPG, that hopes to offer more than just a simple text
adventure. Written in Common LISP (cmucl, to be exact), I hope to give
something back to the community in the form of a more complicated text-based
RPG, with features that are unusual in the genre; such as group-based combat
(ie. final fantasy in text mode :), a rich and detailed storyline, and far more
complicated RPG elements rather than the classic \"follow the road\" console
rpg cliche. Although I have no written code as of yet, I plan to begin with
writing the battle engine first, and then creating the game around it, and when
a playable version is ready, my next main goal will be to create simple
text-based tools so I can have a future project member add detailed
descriptions and objects for the game. All in all, my main goal is to have an
open source game for budding developers such as myself, and a creative and fun
game for those who just want to have fun.

Other Software Required:
CMU Common Lisp (CMUCL)

Other Comments: