[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of SoundCoach - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of SoundCoach - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 28 May 2003 09:45:21 +0200

You have removed the last section, titled "How to Apply
These Terms to Your New Programs", from the GPL license.
Please use a complete verbatim copy of the GPL license, as found
in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

The GPL license can only be copied in verbatim form.  The last section
is also very important and makes part of the license.

To release your project under the GPL, you should put
copyright notices and copying permission statements
at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt).
Put it in a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explain the reason behind these recommendations.  For
example, there is an entry explaining why the GPL requires including a
copy of the GPL with every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,

Karloff <address@hidden> a tapoté :

--
Mathieu Roy