[Savannah-hackers] Re: hello

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: hello
Date: 28 May 2003 23:07:02 +0200

Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Hello all,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> 1/ Are savannah mailing lists down or experiencing any delays today.

Not that I'm aware about.

> 2/ going through the archives of this list I see a lot of spam.
>
> Is there a way to control this menace?
> I am subscribed to a Savannah list where the there was once a lot of
> spam but over the past six months only about two.

Since several month, all mails transiting via gnu.org are filtered by
spamassassin. To me, it's very effective. See the Savannah hackers
mailing-list for instance

In this mailing-list, you can see lot of spam because the list is
unused. As a matter of fact, I even set it as "hidden" from the
Savannah front page. I added following a suggestion but apparently it
not useful. Users of the Savannah software write to savannah-dev, and
users of the Savannah platform write to savannah-hackers.

> I am looking to work on a translation project which would require
> some elderly non-software related people to participate via mailing
> lists.
>
> A bit concerned about the current spam level and the nature of the spam too.

Take a look at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-05/threads.html
you'll find about 3 spams for the month, on more than one hundred
mails.

I think that this is not concerning. 3 spam / 500 mails seem a very
acceptable ratio.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: