[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Gnu Open Science Texts - savannah.

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Gnu Open Science Texts - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 29 May 2003 11:23:20 +0200

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Mark Horner <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: fdl
> Other License:
> Package: Gnu Open Science Texts
> System name: gost
> Type: GNU

Since your project does not seems to be part of the
GNU project yet, we cannot accept that project name
for it.  There are some non-GNU programs
with names such as gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are
not hosted in Savannah.

In the projects we host we want to keep the distinction
 between GNU and non-GNU projects, to avoid confusion.

If your project is accepted into the GNU project, you
 can change its name later on.

> The Gnu Open Science Texts
>
> Purpose:
>
> Produce a set of free high school science texts. These texts must be
> easily customisable to fit a specific syllabus.
>
> Specific Goals (South African Contributors):
>
> To produce a set of free high school science texts in accordance with
> the South African syllabus. The purpose of this is to help provide an
> enabling education to students in rural areas.
>
> (http://www.africafoundation.org/donor/difference.asp)
>
> By producing a range of quality text books which can be provided
> for the printing cost alone will allow a more active program of
> book donations to schools.

We usually host only software or software documentation
projects. According to your description, you project does not fit for
Savannah.

That said, your project is very interesting and I wish you good luck.

(if you think that I misunderstood your description, you are free to
resubmit)

Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org