[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Alexandria - savannah.gnu.org

From: dyfet
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Alexandria - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:34:55 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

David Sugar <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNU Alexandria
System name: alexandria
Type: GNU

GNU Alexandria was actually designated an \"official\" GNU project a number of
months back by Richard.  The purpose of this project is to develop software to
enable access to e-government services and content for the blind, using the
public telephone network and GNU Bayonne (hosted on a GNU system) as it\'s core
service.  To date, this project has been under intense discussion and planning
between me, the American Foundation for the Blind, and FS Macedonia.  As such,
this project should also have some logical association with dotgnu and web
services accessibility issues.

A conference is being held next month in Metz between our respective selves
(AFB, FS Macedonia, myself, and the LSM medical community) as part of this
year\'s LSM meeting.  The immediate need is to setup web pages describing the
project and how people can help, as well as to provide referencial sources to
the material to be presented at the LSM.  We may also need to make use of cvs
to check in future GNU Bayonne related modules that will be developed
specifically for and as part of GNU Alexandria, starting with our initial goal
of creating a freely licensed GNU Bayonne based DIASY book reader (see
http://www.daisy.org for what \"daisy\" is).

Other Software Required:
GNU Bayonne

Other Comments: