Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of MockBase - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of MockBase - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:14:04 +0100

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:49:20PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> John C Cahill <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: MockBase
> System name: mockbase
> Type: non-GNU
> My initial response to the question
>
> "The key question here is to figure out if your project
> can run on a Free Software Java suite"
>
> is to say that it would, provided that the Free Software Java Suite
> implemented java.net, java.io and java.lang, which I believe the CLASSPATH
> project provides.
>
> My one outside dependency for this project is the original mockobjects
> project (mockobjects.com/wiki). This project would also run on a free
> software system, since it implements interfaces that Sun suggests, without
> providing non-free implementations to those interfaces.
>

> Other Software Required:
> mockobjects.org/wiki
that is mockobjects.com/wiki

It seems to me that one of those interfaces, suggested by Sun, that you are
thinking of is J2EE. It is claimed by Sun that the J2EE is free, but they
currently do not allow anyone to write down a J2EE implementation. Thus, there
are no free implementations of J2EE, as far as I know.

It get the impression that MockObjects depends on JDK and J2EE (by looking at
build.xml). If that is the case, your project cannot be hosted here. If I'm
wrong and you can really make MockObjects work without J2EE and JDK, please
tell us about it.

Regards,
Jaime