Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNU projetct request was missed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNU projetct request was missed
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:16:54 -0400

    > Also, can you check and see which other non-GNU packages wanted to be
    > GNU packages and got overlooked in this way?

    To the best of my knowledge: that is not possible.

If it happened once, that seems to be proof it is possible.
We should not assume this was the only time.

Can someone please figure out what more specifically what went wrong
here?  We need to look at this in terms of system.  Which message was
overlooked; who should have looked at it.  How can we systematically
make sure not to make the same mistake again?

Would someone please check by searching logs for all registrations
that asked to make something a GNU package, so we can find any others
that were overlooked?