[Savannah-hackers] report from the IWF (about the cvs-hackers child-porn

From: Nic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] report from the IWF (about the cvs-hackers child-porn spam)
Date: 15 Jul 2003 10:34:26 +0100

Here's the response from the IWF.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: your report to the IWF 57155 Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:18:25 +0100 (BST)
--text follows this line--

Thank you for your report to the Internet Watch Foundation.

We have received several reports regarding the email specified in your report
and the web site that this links to has been assessed to be potentially illegal
under the UK Protection Of Children Act. We have therefore notified details of
the content and its origins to the National Criminal Intelligence Service
(NCIS).

NCIS will disseminate these details to the relevant international law
enforcement agency via Interpol. Please see
http://www.iwf.org.uk/hotline/whathappens.htm for more information on how your
report is processed.

Additionally if the country where the content is hosted operates a hotline, we
will also notify them. More details are available at http://www.inhope.org

For IWF advice on combating Spam please see
http://www.iwf.org.uk/faqs/spam.html

Thank you for your interest and support.

With best wishes,
IF

--- End Message ---