[Savannah-hackers] Angel => Calendula

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Angel => Calendula
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:00:15 -0400

Dear Savannah hackers,

We are starting a project that we originally called "Angel" that doesn't
have much in it yet: just two mailing lists, basically.  We just
discovered that there is a trademark in the USA on the name "Angel" for
computer software products, so we can't use it anywhere for this project.

We want to change the name to "Calendula".

Can you change this name in the:

   * CVS repository -- "angel" => "calendula" both in repository name and
     main project.

   * savannah name

   * mailing lists names

If it is easier, it's perfectly ok to simply delete "Angel" and ask us to
re-request "Calendula" through the normal process.

Basically, we need any reference to the name "Angel" taken away, so let
us know whatever the easiest way to do that is.

I know there is a way to change the project name on the savannah UI, but
IIRC that does not change it everywhere, and we really need to eradicate
"Angel" because of the trademark problem.

Thanks!

   -- bkuhn
--
Learn more about my work for FSF and how you can help:
     http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=bkuhn&p=FSF