[Savannah-hackers] submission of Xgalaga reborn - savannah.nongnu.org

From: jbwyatt4
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Xgalaga reborn - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:32:50 -0400

John B. Wyatt 4 <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Xgalaga reborn
System name: xgalaga2
Type: non-GNU

Basically I want to host Xgalaga (a gpl clone of galaga) as well as begin
fixing and updating the program (for modern GNU Linux). For some strange reason
the project declined and almost disapered after the author left the project.

After much searching I found the source code at
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xgalaga/xgalaga_2.0.34.orig.tar.gz
or
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xgalaga/xgalaga 2.0.34.orig.tar.gz

The program is dependent on X and even think it uses dome of the orginal X
libaries (from x.org)
xpmlib
ftp.x.org:/contrib/libraries

Regardless I plan to keep the orginal source for historic reasons and for the
purpose of early development, but plan to remove that dependencie in future
versions

The name of the project will be Xgalaga reborn
Reasons why
A. I like Xgalaga
B. I really like Xgalaga
C. You need a reason C