[Savannah-hackers] submission of OPS! the OPS Package System - savannah.

From: kiyuko
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of OPS! the OPS Package System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:27:46 -0400

KiyuKo KunKo <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: OPS! the OPS Package System
System name: ops
Type: non-GNU

OPS! stands for OPS Package System, and is the new method of packing binary
software and source code I'm working on. It will provide some basic functions
(like installing and removing packages or quering the database) that can be
modified by the one who creates the packet. It is distro-indipendent, as .ops
files doesn't need nothing but OPS! to be installed. It will probably become
the offcial packet manager for the NHG distro (see http://nhg.altervista.org
for detalils) when it will be ready. I have no source code for now, I'm working
from the bottom on the first c function: nothing really working, but I think
I'm following the right way. There are other two people that will probably help
me developing this tool as a bunch of c applications with a common interface.
The result will be similar to Debian's apt. The scope of the OPS! is to give to
the user and to the one who creates the packet a lot freedom: a .ops package
can contain scripts to automate the installation as well as long configuration
scripts. The user decides. (Sorry for my English, I'm just an Italian student!)

Other Software Required:
Since .ops files are .tar.bz2 files renamed, I need both tar and bzip2
installed to handle packets. Installation scripts will be programmed in bash,
so I will need bash: but who creates the packet can decide to use perl or other
languages instead.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/