[Savannah-hackers] submission of L.I.A.M. - savannah.nongnu.org

From: slecle01
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of L.I.A.M. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:37:24 -0400

Stephane Leclercq <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: L.I.A.M.
System name: liam
Type: non-GNU

L.I.A.M. (Logiciel d'Inventaire Automatise des Machines) is a Computer
inventory software designed for large pools of GNU/Linux and/or Windows
computers. It is written in perl, and can be used with a database (any
correctly configured database). The client (GNU/Linux or Windows, preliminary
support for Mac about to be dropped) scans the computer and sends an email with
a zipped XML attachment. Server side, another script fetch mails, and populate
the database with the information contained in them. Lastly, a Web based front
end is used to navigate between tables and computer caracteristics.
L.I.A.M. is currently in alpha state (basically, the scripts are working but
there isn't any way to install it quickly and properly yet). Savannah is needed
because we're almost done working on the project in our university (marne la
vallee, france) and need C.V.S. support to go on the project.
I have included most of the sources (not included : Web frontend perl/html
sources because only my coworker got them right now, one of the reasons CVS is
needed) in a tarball at http://etudiant.univ-mlv.fr/~slecle01/liam.tar.gz so
you can have a look at them (not likely to stay online after you reviewed it).

Other Software Required:
dmidecode is needed for bios/motherboard access http://www.nongnu.org/dmidecode/

Other Comments:
This is the second version of this application, thanks to Mathieu Roy for
poiting out the few mistakes (Linux misconception as an OS, and lack of the
file "COPYING" with the full GPL licence).

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/