Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of the Orange Slice - savannah.nongnu.

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of the Orange Slice - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:16:43 +0100

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 12:56:15AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Julien PORTALIER <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: the Orange Slice
> System name: orange-slice
> Type: non-GNU

> Orange Slice is a subtitle script editor, writen in
> Python/GTK+. It aims at manipulate different file
> formats like SSA, ASS, SUB, SRT, etc. Runs under linux,
> and should run under any *nix and should even run under
> WIN32. The applcation is developped under Debian/Linux,
> but i'd like to have it working on any platform
> available (even proprietary ones).
> Have a look to http://www.portalier.com/orange-slice/ for more informations
> on this project, and to find the source code.
>

> Other Software Required:
> Python >= 2.2.2
> Glib/GTK+ 2.2
> PyGTK 1.99.x
> libglade-2

Hi,
I have reviewed orange-slice-0.0.9.tar.bz2 and the LGPL license has been
correctly applied, but there is a disagreement with this project registration
which says that your project is released under the GPL. Please register it
again, selecting LGPL as its license or changing the license on your source
code from the LGPL to the GPL.

Also, notice that there is no such thing as Debian/Linux. You might be
referring to "Debian GNU/Linux". The Debian project, as well as we here in
Savannah, have decided to dub "GNU/Linux" the complete operating system based
on the Linux kernel, to remind people that there is a whole Free Software
movement behind it, which dates back to the early 80's.
This may sound as a triviality, but it is a very important issue for us, so we
would appreciate it if you referred to the OS as GNU/Linux.

Regarding ports for proprietary operating systems, we do not have any
objections, as long as you keep the free port always as good as or better than
those other ports.

Regards,
Jaime