[Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #49121] Re: phpGW account on gnuftp.gnu.

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #49121] Re: phpGW account on gnuftp.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:43:48 +0200

Hi,

I have a view requests concerning the phpGroupWare webserver on gnuftp.gnu.org. I addressed them to Paul Fischer, but I got no reply.

I know you all are voluntiers as we are. The problem for the phpGW project is, that we have no webserver at the moment, after our primary server got hacked 2 days ago. That makes things a bit more urgent then they normaly would be.

Our "new" webserver on gnuftp is ready, beside a view permissions probs, you might be able to solve easily:

1) I need to be able to use / create up to 4 databases, where we have full rights on (grant all). Of course I need the full data like hostname, db-names, db-user, pw, ...

2) The other problem: /home/phpgw and its subdirs are not group-writable, so we can't create / change any files there. Can you change this please.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance

Ralf Becker
phpGroupWare project

This is the original mail to (and from) Paul Fischer:
Hi Paul,

I resend this message, as I guess the "Paul Fischer via RT" is the real
address and I addressed it only to address@hidden

I can log into gnuftp.gnu.org and ralfb is fine.

Which server runs mysql for us and how can I create new databases. Our
site is complitly database driven.

An other problem: /home/phpgw and its subdirs are not group-writable, so
I can't create / change any files there. Can you change this please or do I have to talk to someone else about it?

Ralf

Paul Fisher via RT wrote:
"Ralf Becker via RT" <address@hidden> writes:

"ralfbecker" (thats my savannah name too) or just "ralf"

ralfbecker is too long, and ralf is already taken, so your login is
ralfb.  Let me know if you'd like it changed to something else.

Please let me know if you cannot login to gnuftp.gnu.org.

Seperate Apache Install Info:

There is a seperate install of apache as user phpgw that lives in
/home/phpgw.  All of the phpGW developers have access to the phpgw
account and can log in via ssh.  ~phpgw/apachectl can be used to
control the server, and the configuration files live in
~phpgw/apache/, and the root web directory lives in ~phpgw/www.

The seperate install of apache is set to bind to 127.0.0.1 and listens
for requests on port 5555.

The main install of apache is currently set to send requests for
phpgroupware.gnu.org:80 over to 127.0.0.1:5555.  We can later set up
phpgroupware.org to point to the same address.

So feel free to change the apache install in ~phpgw as much as is
needed.  There's no fear of breaking the other sites hosted on
gnuftp.gnu.org.

Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden