Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of C++ IRCd Project - savannah.nongnu.

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of C++ IRCd Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:59:12 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:20:52PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Wayne A. Witzel III <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: expat
> Other License:
> Package: C++ IRCd Project
> System name: renraku
> Type: non-GNU

> This project consists of an IRC daemon implemented completely using C++ and
> C++ wrappers for the C APIs needed. This is being developed to run on Debian
> GNU/Linux and FreeBSD systems. This will be freely available for use in any
> manner said user sees fit.
>
> Goals of this project are to provide a fast, functional, stable, extensible
> IRC daemon for networks and implementors alike. In our opinion this contrasts
> with the current state of ircd's.
>
> Other Software Required:
> No external dependencies

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and statement permitting copying at the
beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
catch potential omissions such as these.

Please send me a tarball or let me know where I can download it.

Rudy

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org