[Savannah-hackers] submission of Local Area Security Knoppix - savannah.

From: jascha
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Local Area Security Knoppix - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 13:55:43 -0400

Jascha <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Local Area Security Knoppix
System name: las
Type: non-GNU

A live CD security distribution based on a very stripped down version of
Knoppix (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html).  The stripped down
version we start with is 35MB in size to which we add roughly 100-150 security
tools (all GPL).  Leaving out any bloat such as KDE or any X.  Aiming for a ISO
the size of 185MB.  We alread have the ISO up to 61MB.  The difference between
this project and others (http://Knoppix-std.org and http://fire.dmzs.com) is
that we are aiming for a lightweight (all others are 700MB ISOs) command line
version.  Along with the aim of a 185MB image we are stripping away a few
things to get a 49MB image suitable for CD buiness cards.  Yet still has about
40+ security tools including tethereal, ettercap, autopsy/sleuth-kit, cryptcat,
nmap, etc.

Other Software Required:
n/a

Other Comments:
More interested in hosting project here since Knoppix is based on Debian and
would like to help promote this site instead of Source Forge (not to say there
is anything wrong with SF).

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/