[Savannah-hackers] Re: diffing emacs branches

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: diffing emacs branches
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:55:37 -0400

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:21:30AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     ^emacs /usr/local/bin/log_accum -T emacs -C -m address@hidden
> address@hidden  -s %{sVv}
>
>     #       -r TAG          - operate only on changes with tag TAG
>     #       -r BRANCH       - operate only on changes in branch TAG
>     #                         Use -r "" for "only changes with no tag or
> branch".
>
>     I do not remember what you wanted, but with this information I can
>     only say that the new log_accum script has never been used, because
>     the entry in loginfo is the standard entry.
>

> What you see is that the new -r feature is not being used.

Sorry, I wanted to say that too (now).

> The new log_accum script IS being used, if it is still the one that
> is installed.  (Can you check that?)

Yes it is true.

> It handles branches in an intelligent way even without the -r option.

> We did have a plan to start using the -r option.
> The idea is to run log-accum with -r "" for emacs-diffs,
> and run it with -r RC for another list, emacs-rc-diffs.
>
> Want to try that?

Sorry, I do not have the time to do it and follow it up.  One of the
emacs admins has to make that mailinglist and update the loginfo file
in the CVSROOT file.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org