Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Pragmatic - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Pragmatic - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:56:05 +0200

The license you chose qualifies your project as free software but it
is incompatible with the GNU GPL.

MPL 1.0 is incompatible with the GNU GPL.  That is, combining a module
covered by the GPL with a module covered by the MPL is not legal.  MPL
1.1, however, allows (section 13) a program (or parts of it) to
offer a choice of another license as well.  Any part of a program that
allows the GNU GPL, or many of its variants, as an alternate choice,
is considered to have a GPL-compatible license.

We host only software published under licenses compatible with the
GPL, which allows developers to combine files from any project without
fear of a licensing problem.  If you're willing to switch to a
GPL-compatible license, or dual license with a GPL-compatible license
and a MPL 1.1 license, please resubmit.

You can read a discussion of various licenses at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html for more information.

Regards,

Rudy