Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNUSim8085 - savannah.gnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNUSim8085 - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:22:13 -0400

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:10:29AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Sridhar <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: GNUSim8085
> System name: gnusim8085
> Type: GNU

> GNUSim8085 is a graphical simulator plus assembler with debugger for the
> Intel 8085 microprocessor.  It was written using GNOME libs.
> You have to enter assembly code in order to use the simulator.  The assembly
> syntax is not too hard to learn.  Debugging of this code is carried out by
> tracing it (stepping in, out, over).  Breakpoints can also be given
>
> The source code can be downloaded from the project page
> http://sourceforge.net/project/gnusim8085
> (or) from here
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86462

Your cxx files have the following:

// Scintilla source code edit control
/** @file AutoComplete.cxx
 ** Defines the auto completion list box.
 **/
// Copyright 1998-2003 by Neil Hodgson <address@hidden>
// The License.txt file describes the conditions under which this
software may be distributed.

I could not find that that txt file.  If those files are under the GPL
please include the correct headers (like you did for the other files).

> My project name contains the sequence "GNU".  I promise to remove it if my
> project is not accepted as a GNU project.

Your project is not yet part of the GNU project, so we cannot
accept its current name.

While there are non-GNU programs with names that include 'gnu', such
as gnuplot and gnuboy, they are not hosted on Savannah.  We want to
maintain the distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects.

When your project is accepted into the GNU project you may change its
name.  You can do this by asking us.

Do this:

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Or this:

As you are already using sourceforge (I mean with this that it isn't
urgent you get CVS etc) I suggest you fix the points I pointed out.
When those are done you can mail address@hidden and ask for an
inclusion into the GNU project.

Regards,

Rudy