Re: [Savannah-hackers] 27 august, replacing savannah frontpage with anti

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] 27 august, replacing savannah frontpage with anti swpat page
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:27:08 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden>:

> Does anybody have any objections that I replace the Savannah front
> page the 27th of august with a page similar to the one I included as
> attachment?
>
> (From the FFII website that is linked on that page:)
> The FFII is organizing an online demonstration against software
> patents. We want you to replace the title page of your project's site
> with a protest page against software patents (for examples see below)
> on August 27th. If you don't want to block access to your site you can
> for example put a small link on the protest page as seen in one of the
> examples.
>

> The idea is that with software patents many sites running/serving
> possibly patent infringing software have to go offline sooner or
> later. So why not demonstrate this effect before it's too late?
> (end)
>
> I can put a index.html page that gets requested first and link it then
> to the normal savannah homepage.

We should not at any cost block access to Savannah: creating a nuisance may be a
good demonstration but it's still a nuisance.
For the index.html, why not.

--
Mathieu Roy

   -- I\'m right now on vacation and I\'m forced to use an unfriendly tool to
   get/send mail. If you expect a reply from me very soon, add \"urgent\" in
   the subject field --