[Savannah-hackers] Re: joining www project

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: joining www project
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:16:07 +0100

address@hidden (Karl Berry) a tapoté :

> Dear GNU web folks,
>
> (rms suggested I write to these lists about this ...)
>
> 1) According to rms, Brett stopped being the chief GNU webmaster about
>    two months ago.  He's still listed as the (only) project admin of the
>    www project in savannah, though.  And hence I wrote to him about
>    joining the project.  It would be nice if the project admin could be
>    changed to whoever it really is.
>
> 2) I'd like to join the www project, i.e., have permission to write the
>    GNU web pages.  Could someone add me, please?
>
>    For one thing, I'm doing preliminary work for rms now in choosing
>    maintainers, and it would be nice for me to be able to update
>    help/help.html (which currently incorrectly says miscfiles, cpio, and
>    hyperbole need maintainers).
>
>    For another, rms asked me to set up a web form for people to submit
>    projects to GNU (we're currently sending them the form in email,
>    making it available on the web will cut out a step).
>
> 3) Which leads to one last question -- are cgi scripts enabled on the
>    server?  And if so, with an extension or in a directory or both or?
>    Sorry if this is documented somewhere, I couldn't find any info
>    poking around the www project page.  (I also tried just making an
>    executable test.cgi in my software/texinfo directory, but it did not
>    get executed, so apparently that is not the way.)

All these issues must be handled by the www team.
(ie. Brett should remove himself from the www project administration
after setting the appropriate person as admin, and this person should
add you)

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |