[Savannah-hackers] Re: joining www project

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: joining www project
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:48:02 -0500

    It is possible to mirror cgi scripts (not via wget but rsync), I think
    that's the thing to do -- or to exclude from mirroring the few CGI
    pages and replace them by redirection to the www.gnu.org CGI pages.

Well, certainly this tiny cgi does not need to be mirrored in any way.
Asking every mirror operator to insert an explicit exclude, or
use a different mirroring scheme, seems like an awful lot of work.

    The Savannah server is barelly enough to keep Savannah running, it
    is not a good host for anything else.

1) Seems like we should start the process of buying new hardware then.
Not that that matters in the short term.

2) This is a completely inconsequential cgi.  The number of people using
   it would presumably be a fraction of the number of people submitting
   new projects.  How many new projects are submitted a day?  If
   anything, I'd guess it would cut down (slightly) on the server and
   administrators' workload, because you won't have to manually forward
   messages to gnueval-input any more.