[Savannah-hackers] submission of python wrapper for glibtop - savannah.g

From: bnet
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of python wrapper for glibtop - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 06:52:59 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Benoît DEJEAN <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: python wrapper for glibtop
System name: pyglibtop
Type: GNU

Although python provides functions to get system informations (such as
os.getloadavg) in its standard library, it is not possible to get accurate
information without making platform dependant system calls like
os.system('uptime').

Some programmers of another GPL project often complained about this. One of
them ask me to write something to make this easier and portable. I found
glibtop, the GNU C library, and tried to build my first python wrapper using
SWIG.  People found this great and told me to publish it seperalty. Here it is.
Hope it help.

    I am a newbie in Free Software. Even if i have distributed some big scripts
under GPL, that wasn't very serious. I'm running GNU Linux and software for
over 3 years and it is the first time I think i have done something that worths
more than 0.02€. It wasn't very hard, but quite boring. But it seems to work
and will be part of libgdesklet (part of gDesklets)

http://dejean.benoit.free.fr/software/glibtop/glibtop.html

http://dejean.benoit.free.fr/software/glibtop/versions/glibtop20031107.tar.bz2

Other Software Required:
python, python dev, glibtop2, glibtop2 dev

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/