Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Arch support for Savannah?

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Arch support for Savannah?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:58:59 +0000

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 05:43:50PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> "Samuel A. Falvo II" <address@hidden> a tapoté :
> > * Arch can be used with existing HTTP-compatible infrastructure (e.g.,
> > web services) to perform its remote capabilities.  Obviously, this is
> > read-only.  For read/write support, perhaps WebDAV can be used.
> > Alternatively, ...
>
> Arch is currently not supported. However, we are not closed to that
> possibility and the latest changes on the Savannah system will permit
> arch integration more easily.
>
> However, arch, if I'm correct, is still not in Debian stable, and I
> think that entrance in Debian stable would be the better starting
> point -- installing backports is not something I would recommend.

Hi,
arch is in Debian stable and can be installed in subversions. It is a
GNU project hosted in Savannah.

Jonathan Walther ("krooger" in Debian) was helping us set up arch for
Savannah, but according to him we needed to have sftp working.

I spent some time working with Jonathan to get sftp working (I even
messed up the ssh configuration in the process :) But I then had to go
away in August and could not follow up the issue. Before I left, I
sent some private message to Mathieu explaining what we had been doing
with Jonathan, but judging from the thread at
  http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-08/msg00246.html
Mathieu did not get that message and I do not know what the current
situation is with sftp.

Cheers,
Jaime