[Savannah-hackers] submission of Anaconda Documentation Project - savann

From: forrestx . taylor
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Anaconda Documentation Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:58:44 -0500

Forrest Taylor <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: Anaconda Documentation Project
System name: anacondadocs
Type: non-GNU

This project will provide accurate and comprehensive documentation for
anaconda.  Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(http://www.redhat.com) and Fedora Core
(http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/).  The source for the
latest release of anaconda can be found here:

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/SRPMS/anaconda-9.2-2.src.rpm

We are a handful of people who desire to further document anaconda and all of
it's intricasies.  This discussion started on the address@hidden list
the new Fedora Docs list
(https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-docs-list).  We need a place to
collaborate on our documentation, and have some sort of repository for
making/seeing changes.  The rough draft of the Table of Contents can be found
here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2003-November/msg00113.html

No documentation for anaconda has been made by Red Hat, so we would like to
create this documentation with the desire that Red Hat will include it in their
products.  This will allow further development and distribution of the Red Hat
installer.

Other Software Required:
The Fedora Documentation project requires that the documentation be in DocBook
XML Article format, and thus requires:

* xmlto — for producing HTML and PDF outputs

* docbook-style-xsl — for the default XSLT stylesheets we build on

* docbook-dtds — XML versions of the DocBook DTD

It also requires templates from their CVS server:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/usr/local/CVS

cvs -z3 login

cvs -z3 co fedora-docs

They encourage the use of Emacs and either PSGML mode or the easier nXML mode
(ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/docbook/nxml-mode).

Other Comments:
The Fedora documentation guide is here:

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/

  Message sent via/by Savannah