[Savannah-hackers] submission of Spanish-German vocabulary list for ding

From: gnu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Spanish-German vocabulary list for ding - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:14:52 -0500

Zeno Gantner <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: The linguistic data is released both under GPL 2 or later and
GFDL 1.2 or later (with no invariant sections or cover texts), to allow
inclusion in both programs and free textbooks.

I consider to add a (free) Creative Commons license to the list of licenses, to
allow combination with works under such license.

The Perl scripts are distributed under the terms of GNU GPL 2 or later.

Package: Spanish-German vocabulary list for ding
System name: ding-es-de
Type: non-GNU

es-de is a Spanish-German translation dictionary for the free (GPL) dictionary
lookup program ding by Frank Richter.

URLs:

es-de: http://www.studentendorf-vauban.de/~zeno/es-de.tar.bz2

ding:  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ding/

It is not just a dictionary file, but a collection of words and phrases, sorted
by subjects. For each subject, there is a plain text file.

The package also contains two Perl scripts for checking the dictionary and for
converting it to ding\\\'s dictionary format.

In the future, I plan to add export scripts for more formats (like dictd files
or SQL databases).

However, enhancing the basic vocabulary is my main goal at the moment.

This November, I have about 4000 entries, automatically spell-checked, and (in
parts) manually checked against the definitions of the 2001 dictionary of the
Royal Spanish Academy.

Some (not many) of the files have been proof-read by native speaker of Spanish.

There are 500 more entries waiting in my queue to be included.

These are not included by now, as quality is more important to me than quality.

Other Software Required:
Basically, the word fields can be viewed with any text editor or even by using
cat.

For the conversion to the ding format, a Perl 5 interpreter is needed.

ding is the best choice to access the data offered by this package:

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ding/

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/