[Savannah-hackers] [support #101861] [sv-software] sv_cvs

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #101861] [sv-software] sv_cvs
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:34:57 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah.

[support #101861] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
'Date:
                jeu 27.11.2003 à 09:34 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

The default shell is configurable.

[support #101861] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah
Submitted by: Ron Cordell
On: jeu 20.02.2003 à 14:58

Category:  SSH Connection

Original Submission:
Hi again,

This is occurring on my local instance of Savannah,

where I am trying to get the SSH access working to the

CVS repository.

When I create an RSA1 key and upload it via Savannah,

then run the sv_cvs script (as root, of course, and in

the appropriate directory), I can see the user's

~/.ssh/authorized_keys file get updated correctly with

the key. However, as that user, I can't access CVS, or

even try to access the machine that hosts Savannah. To

be sure, I am forcing rsa1 on the SSH connection.

Now, as a user with a valid shell account on the

machine, I can manually upload my keys and access

everything via SSH -1 just fine.

So, my question is - what step am I missing to get

this to work for users with their shells set

to /usr/local/bin/cvssh? One thing to note is that

cvssh does not exist in /usr/local/bin; could that be

an issue? I can't find such a beast anywhere within

Savannah. I am thinking that I am just missing a setup

step somewhere to get this to work.

Thanks for any assistance!

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: jeu 27.11.2003 à 09:34        By: yeupou
The default shell is configurable.

Date: dim 05.10.2003 à 20:12        By: yeupou

Hi,

The title of this support request is definitely misleading. Please, do not
take account of it.

Please post a new support request, where you give the command line
you typed + error message.

Date: dim 05.10.2003 à 18:33        By: dmeggy

I also can't access CVS after I followed these instructions:

https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=11&question=How_do_I_start_using_the_CVS_repository.txt

I'm a little confused as to what the program sv_cvs is, and

the other programs mentioned here, and why everyone is

referencing them, in this forum.  I saw no mention of them

in the above link.

When I try and checkout from CVS I am asked for a password

and not a passphrase.  I remeber reading something about

that somewhere.  I have waited several days, so any cron job

should have long updated everything.

I'm running Debian sid, if that helps

Date: mer 09.04.2003 à 21:44        By: yeupou

Now sv_cvssh is normally installed in $prefix/bin You can add a symlink to it,
to renamed it cvssh

Date: jeu 20.02.2003 à 16:29        By: yeupou

sv_cvs is currently being rewritten.

The default shell should be an entry in the configuration,

I'll add it.

Date: jeu 20.02.2003 à 16:01        By: roncordell

This has been resolved by finding cvssh.pl on the sf-debian

project and using that script.

The Savannah Admin documentation should be updated to

reflect this dependency.

Let me know if that is the right script to use -- it seems

to be correct, and I can modify it as needed.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=101861>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/