[Savannah-hackers] notification problem

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] notification problem
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:32:07 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:58:28 -0500
> From: "Paul Smith" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
> To: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> %% Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   sb> * Cc notification in support requests are not received; there is a bug
>   sb> request in the savannah group about that (I do receive notification
>   sb> when I submit a bug, though). It makes me hard for me to check support
>   sb> requests. In addition, some features produces a warning about sending
>   sb> mail: asking for e-mail change, and submitting a membership request.
>   sb> Source:
>   sb>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802
>
> I think I mentioned this before, but it's not just support requests:
> it's bug reports and patches as well.  You're right that the submitter
> of the bug or support request does get email about it, but the
> maintainer of the project doesn't get any email whatsoever.
>
> And, the above URL doesn't really point to the best problem report on
> Savannah for this problem; that one is mainly related to not being able
> to log in, then in the notes section it kind of morphed into this
> problem instead.
>
> I filed a bug report about this problem (not getting email) specifically
> back in mid-January:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7324
>
> I believe that there is at least one other on the same subject.  I think
> the one you quote above should be closed since the original problem it
> was reporting has been resolved; it's confusing and hard to find when
> bugs or support requests undergo a change in subject like that: you
> can't tell from the description what they are about.
>
> Thanks, Sylvain, for keeping track of these issues (it seems weird to me
> though that we need someone to track this stuff via a mailing list when
> we have Savannah itself--it makes you wonder :-/)

Paul, can you submit your report at http://gna.org/bugs/?group=savane
, where is now the Savane[ah] bug tracker.

After that, I'll ask Yves Perrin from CERN that work on the
notification area to look into your problem.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |