[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Fwd: [Comment] Re: [gnu.org #181042] Bad wording

From: Derek Chen-Becker
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Fwd: [Comment] Re: [gnu.org #181042] Bad wording on gettext page]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:58:45 -0700

Karl Berry wrote:
As far as I know each /software/whatever has to be accessed separately,
through a CVSROOT of /webcvs/whatever.  It is not ideal, but it seems to
be working at the moment.

   address@hidden:/webcvs

In a nutshell, he needs to use /webcvs/gettext for his CVSROOT.
Try the cvs incantations at http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gettext

The equivalent works for me with Texinfo, and Werner Lemberg confirmed
that it works for him with groff a few days ago.

Thanks Karl,
I've used the method you described for other projects without problems. However, I tried accessing the gettext CVS and this is what I get:

cvs -d":ext:address@hidden:/webcvs/gettext" co gettext
Enter passphrase for key '/home/derek/.ssh/id_dsa':
Invalid CVSROOT (1)
cvs checkout: invalid data from cvs server

I know this has worked for me for other projects, so I guess I need to contact savannah-hackers.

Derek

| Derek Chen-Becker                                             |
| address@hidden                                         |
| http://chen-becker.org                                        |
| PGP key available on request or from public key servers       |
| ID: 21A7FB53                                                  |
| Fngrprnt: 209A 77CA A4F9 E716 E20C  6348 B657 77EC 21A7 FB53  |