[Savannah-hackers] submission of EDLinux - savannah.nongnu.org

From: scallaway
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of EDLinux - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:38:48 -0400

Sean Callaway <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: EDLinux
System name: edlinux
Type: non-GNU

EDLinux Package Manager will be a Linux distribution system based on the best
components of all currently available distribution systems, such as Debian's
apt-get, Gentoo's eBuild, and Red Hat's Package Manager. If Package Manager
does well and is well accepted, we could take the time to build a complete
distribution based on stable Open Source components including the Linux kernel,
the GNU Compiler Collection, etc.

I currently have no source code available, but will place all code under the
GNU General Public License. I am using a Debian 3.0 ("Woody") system for
development, which only includes Open Source Software, so there will not be a
problem with Closed-Source dependencies. I am using BASH and C for development.
Right now, I think EDLinux Package Manager will only need glibc, a bzip2
library, and perhaps the BSD sockets interface, and all of that is free
software.

Other Software Required:
The libbzip2 library is not found on some systems, but its open-source.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/