[Savannah-hackers] cvs commit error - end of file from server

From: Trevis Rothwell
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] cvs commit error - end of file from server
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:14:44 -0400

Hi!

I have been having difficulty uploading new files to my project's
web CVS tree, although I can upload to the source CVS tree just fine.  I
have been getting the error:

  cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I have tried using commands such as:

  cvs ci -m "minor updates, -tjr" file.html
and
  cvs commit file.html

both of which give the same error.  Any ideas of what is going wrong here?

 -- Trevis Rothwell