[Savannah-hackers] RE: Volunteering

From: Edward Alfert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] RE: Volunteering
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:29:09 -0400

D.E. Evans,
Per your instructions I requested inclusion in the WWW group.  But after
submitting the request (http://savannah.gnu.org/my/groups.php#searchgroup) I
got the following error message at the top of the next page
(http://savannah.gnu.org/my/groups.php).

"SMTP -> ERROR: RCPT not accepted from server: 501 RCPT must have an address
operand SMTP -> ERROR: DATA command not accepted from server: 503 valid RCPT
command must precede DATA
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /frontend/php/include/smtp.inc:666) in
/frontend/php/include/Layout.class on line 142"

Yet, it seems my request was accepted by the system since on my profile
under "Request for Inclusion Waiting For Approval" it shows "Webmastering
www.gnu.org".

It seems that the error is with the emailing of the request.  So, since I'm
not sure if you got the email (because of the error message), I'm sending
you this message.

I am also forwarding a copy of this message to address@hidden to
see if he can duplicate the error in case it is a problem with the code.