Re: [Savannah-hackers] New Project Question

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] New Project Question
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:19:42 +0200

Hello,

During the registration process, your will be asked whether you want your project to be evaluated so as to be part of the GNU project.

It is not required at all, and most of the projects hosted at Savannah are non-GNU (as show the statistics box in the home page).

You can check this URL to know what it exactly means to become a GNU package:
https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=What_does_it_mean_to_become_a_GNU_package.txt

Incidentally, we cannot approve new projects right now because we are working on some internal changes at Savannah. If time is crucial for you, you may want to check gna.org, that offers the same kind of services.

Marco Bresciani wrote:
Dears Sirs,
  I've read about your site and, as I'd like to begin a new project,
I'd
like to know if I can start a new project here, even if it is not a
GNU
software. If so, my project will "automagically" became a GNU
software...
or what?

I mean: I'm planning to create a software by myself, with the help of
some
friend and the Savannah site could be useful to manage development. My
software is not a GNU one, even if we will use the GNU licenses. If I
develop my project on Savannah, my software will become a GNu one or
it has
to be a GNU software to be developed on Savannah?!

Hope to be clear, even if my written-English is not so good.

Marco