Re: [Savannah-hackers] commit notifications

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] commit notifications
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:55:41 +0200

On 2004.04.16 00:04, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
As writing to CVSROOT/ won't be allowed again (no?) perhaps I could
start working on an interface to permit basic editing of modules and
controlled access to {log,commit}info?

I suppose the policy is not to give users local access. As access to CVSROOT allows the developper to execute arbitrary commands, it is a security risk.

Paul and Jim are working on setting up some CVS-related tasks in the chroot'ed environnement. You may want to check with them how things are done and how you could implement the interface.

Also, what I think should be done before, is an update to the docs. I can start working on that as soon as I finish testing the automake rsync.

Any thoughts?

Yes :)
There are some other documentation related bugs at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=administration.
However I would not consider it as a priority.

I also hope to get enough free time soon to start working on the file admin interface, possibly getting help from Sebastian and Andreas if they are still interested in that task.