Re: [Savannah-hackers] Absence

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Absence
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:58:58 +0200

On 2004.04.18 22:44, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
On Sunday 18 Apr 2004 08:21, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 06:34:13AM +0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> Normally we don't delete projects.  Only if the person realy realy
> realy wants it.  You should try to convince the person that the FSF
> community would maybe continue his project later on.

Some of his (Samuel Abels') projects have moved to Gna! so I guess
those one's would be OK to delete? (not that I'll be doing it ;)

Praise Mathieu! :)
-----
From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
Savannah-hackers,

What is the policy for removing Savannah projects?

Should they be completely deleted, or desactivated/moved?

If the request is because the project is hosted elsewhere, keeping it
creates confusion.
<http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-05/msg00199.html>

If the project was created by mistake, there is no problem removing it.
<http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2002-02/msg00385.html>
<http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2002-05/msg00573.html>

Otherwise
<http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2002-12/msg00030.html>

Looks like SF had the same policy
<http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-general/2002-05/msg00065.html>
-----

So, since Samuel imported all of his repositories to Gna, we (the free software community) are not losing any data, and we fall in case #1.
So we can delete the projects.

As for the other project clean-up, I guess we can do it, unless that "whole lot of crap" is actually of interest.

Any comments?