[Savannah-hackers] [support #103026] Problems getting make to search a V

From: Dale Mann
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103026] Problems getting make to search a VPATH under MS Windows
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:25:22 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103026] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Dale Mann
On: Thu 04/22/04 at 10:25

Category:  None

Original Submission:  I have hit a snag which is causing me untold grief, and I
was hoping someone can help!

I am converting an old Clipper app of considerable size to run on Linux, using
a product called FlagShip. There is a mass of files containing code common to
all modules of the system, and  under Linux, make will re compile these as
necessary provided the common VPATH is included in the Makefile.

FlagShip for Windows has recently been released and attempting to recompile for
windows, I ran into a problem using make - Common files are simply not
compiled, regardless of VPATH setting: I have tried

VPATH = C:Common
VPATH = C:/Common
VPATH = C:\Common
VPATH = Common
VPATH = /Common

All to no avail! Any ideas ??? I include a sample Makefile

File Attachments

Date: Thu 04/22/04 at 10:25  Name: Makefile  Size: 905KB   By: daleman
Sample Makefile
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?item_id=103026&amp;item_file_id=36